Trusted by the hundreds of thousands of investors, advisers, asset managers and platforms who use FE data, software and investment advice every day, FE is the UK's leading investment ratings and research agency.
- Responsible for the implementation of and compliance with FE’s Information Security Policies in Europe region.
- Responsible for the day to day implementation of Servers/Workstations/Network/Cloud Security in Europe region.
- Responsible for risk assessments and management in Europe region.
- To work closely with FE’s Information Security Manager with regards to implementing and maintaining the information system management framework.
- To work closely with FE’s Information Security Manager with regards to Security, Data Protection and Information Handling.
Communicating effectively. Liaise by email, phone or meeting to build effective working relationships with FE staff. Act as an adviser to FE staff in security matters.
Working collaboratively. Participate and contribute to all Europe region teams in respect of security matters.
Liaison and networking. Be an adviser to FE staff in security matters. Be able to gather relevant security intelligence from security professionals’ community.
Delivering a high-quality standard of service. Work with IT team in respect of Servers’ security: install all required patches for OS, keep Servers’ applications up to date, advise when to upgrade operating systems. Work with IT team in respect of Network security: review and update firewall rules, monitor firewall security events. Work with IT team to implement effective Desktop security: make sure anti-malware solution is up to date, maintain up to date applications, monitor security events, advice when to upgrade operating systems.
Effective decision making. The role holder has the freedom to be creative and take actions that will assist the organisation of their work procedures.
Planning and organising. The role holder is able to plan, prioritise and organise their own work and resources to achieve the objective they have agreed with their manager.
Innovation and improvement (effective problem solving). The role holder will continually review Security installations and incorporate improvements and innovations as a matter of routine. It is an important requirement of the role to use initiative and creativity to resolve problems where the optimal solution may not be immediately apparent but has to be assessed by a process of reasoning, weighing up the pros and cons of different approaches; identify and assess practical options; break the problem down into component parts. The diagnosis and analysis of Security incidents and the testing of potential remedial action prior to implementation are examples of this requirement.
Analysis and research. The role holder is required to analyse and research appropriate Security techniques and solutions which may require advising others on their findings. It is a daily requirement of the role to solve technical and other problems by analysing routine data or information provided by relevant Security tools. It is essential that the role holder works accurately to complete the task and resolve the technical problems.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The role holder is required to have sufficient knowledge or expertise to work on day to day issues in their own area without direct or continuous supervision.
- Knowledge and practical experience of system security issues.
- Educated to degree level.
- Practical experience in dealing with computer security incidents and security vulnerabilities.
- Comprehensive understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Network monitoring tools and Traffic analysis.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001.
- Practical experience in intrusion detection systems.
- Knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, risk assessment business impact analysis.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and to relate positively to other people.
- The ability to take the initiative in establishing new ways of working to achieve the objectives of the post.
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong IT skills, including the ability to use a variety of software programmes, including PowerShell, word processing, spreadsheets and databases, web and email.
For further details please contact Rebecca Spink, Human Resources Assistant, email@example.com