Leading investment research website Trustnet is looking for a new senior reporter, keen to make waves covering the exciting UK fund management sector. Issues such as Brexit, Donald Trump’s Twitter habit, climate change and the legacy of the global financial crisis move markets on a daily basis – and Trustnet helps investors understand how all this and more could affect their portfolios.
As an enthusiastic team player, the successful candidate will work as part of the editorial team behind award-winning Trustnet website and Trustnet Magazine. The role involves writing news and research articles about funds, markets and investments, drawing together sources such as FE’s investment data, industry contacts, news releases and third-party research.
You will be joining a friendly but ambitious editorial team that prides itself on writing in-depth articles on an important and interesting subject matter. Investment is a complex area so we are looking for a reporter with existing financial or business experience who is seeking their next challenge. We work in a collaborative environment, where the team bounces ideas off each other and works together to develop some of the industry’s best content.
You will be a self-starter who is brimming with fresh ideas and keen to innovate. We have a flexible approach where you will be encouraged to run with any ideas for new story format, piece of research or editorial product. FE fundinfo has the powerful analysis tools and contacts book that can make this happen and you will be supported with full training and assistance.
In this role, you will eventually become equally comfortable interrogating a fund manager running billions of pounds in their portfolios as you will analysing a spreadsheet for insight into what is happening in markets.
This isn’t as intimidating as it sounds! Investment is a truly interesting area, full of talented and friendly people, and the result of your work will be journalism that is unique in our industry.
FE fundinfo’s Publications
Trustnet is the UK’s leading online fund research platform and was voted best investment research site at the 2018 Investment Research Awards. Serving the needs of private and professional investors, the site exists to help investors understand what’s driving the market and offer support for their investment decisions.
Trustnet Magazine, the private investor magazine from Trustnet, is a monthly tablet-based publication which aims to break down the complex world of funds and stocks for a private investor audience through an informative and entertaining mix of news, features and interviews.
- Writing research-driven stories on funds and investments
- Building a strong contacts book and representing Trustnet as a core member of the company’s front of house staff
- Supporting the continued growth of Trustnet through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience
- Previous experience of business or financial press is essential; reporting on investments (such as through an ISA or pension) is preferable
- Excellent written English is essential
- Confidence with numbers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills as applicant expected to deal with people at all levels within the asset management industry (CEO to analyst)
- Educated to degree level – English Literature/History/Economics/Journalism preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
Competitive package, role full-time (37 ½ hours per week) based in our London office - for further details or to apply (with up-to-date CV) please email UK.Jobs@fefundinfo.com